Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 2- A SUCCESSSSS

Before moving onto day 2, I want to recap my dessert last night. While my PB/ricotta/chocolate pudding dessert sounded very promising... it didn't deliver. I had a couple of bites and traded it out for another jello cup. 0 grams of sugar and 10 calories?! Yessss please :)

Now for breakky this morning. I knew I had the egg "fritatta" muffins that I had whipped up on Sunday in the fridge, but I was feeling an omeltte. Into the pan went two whole eggs, a handfull of spinach, a sprinkling of mushrooms, and a lite blue cheese laughing cow cheese wedge (I love me some blue cheese!). I seasoned it with salt and pepper and then topped it with some sliced cherry tomatoes and some tabasco (I could eat hot sauce on just about anything). I packed it to-go, along with my lunch and snacks and was out the door.

This breakfast was a BIG winner in my book. Not only was it delicious, but it kept me full for about three hours - well after when I planned on having my first snack.

Speaking of snacks, I again brought a greek yogurt cup to enjoy. This time I added some almond extract, in place of vanilla, and topped it with slivered almonds again. I am pretty sure I could eat this snack all day every day if I could get all my nutrients from it.  The almonds add such a GREAT crunch!

There is something so comforting about almond extract to me. A little goes a long way but the flavor is incredible. I think it takes me back to the holidays when my family cooks insane amounts of cookies - many of which incorporate almonds or almond extract in some way.

Even though my yogurt cup kept me full for a good three hours (again, longer than anticipated) I couldn't wait to break into the lunch I packed. I made a salad of spinach, broccoli slaw (another trick I learned from Julie), and cherry tomatoes. I topped it with some salmon that I grilled up last night and then tossed it all up with a honey dijon dressing I snagged from our cefeteria. I couldn't eat this fast enough. It was soooo yummy!
pre-mixed
all shook up!
Its a good thing I was blogging during my lunch or I literally mught not even remember how it tasted I would've eaten it so quick!

Now that I'm fat (wait, isn't this what I am trying to avoid? ;)) and happy, I'm going to return to work.

If you're wondering about my workout this morning... it didn't happen. I think I am still getting caught up on my sleep from the trip and I couldn't seem to pull myself out of bed this morning. The extra couple of hours did me well! I feel refreshed and ready to take on CardioX when I get home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment