Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Chili, Chili, CHA CHA CHA!

As promised I had chili for lunch today!  And it was just as tasty the second time around.  But first, let cover my mid-morning snack!

Today I enjoyed a SBD take on guac with veggie dippers.  I mixed up 1/2 an avocado, cottage cheese (for protein), some onions, red chili flakes, garlic and cilantro. 
fun little snack :D
The vessels with which I shoveled this dip to my mouth were: radishes, celery, zucchini, and a Japanese cucumber.  It was quite a tasty treat but it didn't keep me full for long.  I was prepared for this so I added a string cheese into the mix...  and it was a trivia string cheese at that! 

Q: No matter where you are in Australia, what are you never more than 625 mile from?
A: The ocean

I love fun facts paired with fun foods.  C'mon, you can't tell me that string cheese isn't fun!  Especially when you reallllly string it! 

Lovin' on my string cheese!
Wanna know an adorable fun fact about my 83 year old grandma?  She went her whole life not knowing that string cheese got its name from being stringy.  She just though it was called string cheese because it was shaped long a thick string!  Isn't that sooo stinking cute?!  Grandmas are the best!

Isn't she GORGEOUS?!?!
Lunch
As mentioned above, I enjoyed another heaping portion of last nights chili, sans ricotta because I forgot it this morning.  I did, however, LOAD it up with extra tomatoes and cilantro.  You know how sometimes stuff tastes better depending on the weather?  For example, nothing sounds better to me than an ice cold corona on a hot day, in much the same way my soup sounded especially good today because of the grey Oregon skies.  Aaand, I've still got a little left in the fridge that I may just have to use as a snack tomorrow :)
Now doesn't like look juuust about perfect?
I am also enjoying my second snack now, which is the same yogurt snack that I've had the last two days so I'll spare you another picture.  The reason I'm having it so late you wonder?  We're making spicy taco lettuce wraps tonight, but they take a bit to cook and I don't want to be too famished while I'm watching the goodness simmer to fruition.  Plus, its not raining so I might take Brew for a walk.  Yes, its grey and cold, but any dry day in Oregon is a good day! 

For your veiwing pleasure, a pic of Brew on her first "big girl' walk....even though she was still a lil girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment