Saturday, April 2, 2011

Snuggle Sesh

This morning started off slowly but with a bang.  I've never been a morning person, although I really really wanna be one, so I relish the opportunity to sleep in on the weekends.  The usual routine is Brew wakes me up about 8ish to go potty and eat, then we crawl back in bed for a "nap" until about 10. Not having to wake up to an alarm and snuggling with Brew are probably the two things I look forward to most on the weekends. 

Breakfast
Since I mistakenly cooked up a batch of slow oats last nights breakfast was easy.  I scooped out about a cup and half of oats into my bowl, topped it with lots 'o' frozen berries and a large dollop of peanut butter before I popped the mixture into the microwave to get nice and warm.  Once it was piping hot I stirred all the goodies together and added the final touch of some shaved coconut.  This meal was quite the treat!
My yummy (and filling) breakfast bowl
With a meal like that I had the energy I needed to tackle this mornings chores.  The kitchen was in need of some serious TLC and we had tons o' laundry to do.  I put on a good show and got to work. 

Workout
Today was YogaX day.  Its the workout I least look forward to completing, but MOST love having completed when I am done.  I love love love yoga but it is a real time commitment.  The YogaX dvd from P90X is just over an hour and a half start to finish.  It is a great workout but I was in the mood to see what ExerciseTV had to offer me on OnDemand.  I started out doing the Bethenny Frankel yoga thinking it was going to be 60 minutes, but the yoga portion only lasted 40 and then it turned into weights.  I wasn't feeling weights today so I found a nice 30 minute pilates routine to finish out my workout.

Lunch
I skipped right to lunch today because my breakfast was soo filling.  We had quite a bit of leftovers in the fridge and I was determined to put them to good use.  I heated up the remaining spaghetting squash noodles from Monday's lunch and last nights roasted brussel sprouts. I topped the mix with some marinara and a heaping scoop of ricotta cheese.  I stirred it all together and LOVED the way it tasted.  There was a great spice from the chili oil I roasted the brussel sprouts in and this meal most definitely hit the spot. 

mmmmmmmm tasty!
For dessert I polished off a no sugar added tapioca cup.  It was the perfect cherry on top of the meal. 
Its no surprise who else wanted in...

Afternoon happenings
Right after lunch I caught up on some blogs and then took a nap on the couch with Brew.  Have I mentioned how much I love snuggling with her??  Now I'm enjoying a beer while watching what I wish wasn't the end of March Madness (GO BUTLER!).  I'm thinking of heading out to the store to pick up supplies for some PB & Pretzel balls that I saw online.  Stay tuned for those....

I hope you're weekend has started off great!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this wonderful blog with us. Nice post with great information and it is indeed informative and useful.

    Advanced Yoga Teacher Training in Thailand

    ReplyDelete