Friday, April 1, 2011

April ain't foolin' me!

Lots of exciting things have happened today!!

Workout (kinda)
The only thing that I haven't been a big fan of is that I woke up with some major shoulder pain.  When I told Jon about it, he jovially proclaimed that it was probably from all the post-its I put up last night.  I decided to take this morning off working out because I didn't want to aggravate my shoulder any further doing Core Synergistics from the P90X program, and also because the weatherman told us that we could expect some sun today and I LOVE running in the sun with Brew!  I think I'm not the only one, because I just read this adorable article on Melindas blog that talks about how great it is to run with your canine friends.
Running the Doggie Dash last year with my friend Collen, sister Ceressa and our pups!
The sun is just starting to show its face so I'm hoping it'll have around until I leave work.


Breakfast
That covered my workout (or lack thereof) now back to breakfast.  I once again enjoyed an egg/veggie scramble.  This topped I added some feta cheese and it was quite tasty and very filling.  This is quickly becoming my go-to breakfast.  Its quick, delish, and fast to make.

 A few hours after I digested this I was ready for a snack.  I tried a string cheese quesadilla that I learned from my trusty fellow blogger, Julie over at Peanut Butter Fingers.  It was quite tasty, but I think next time I'd like to add some almonds or something to give it that extra punch!  As with all my string cheeses, this one too had a fun trivia fact:

Q: The signal from NASA's Voyager requires less energy than what common household appliance?
A: The Blow Dryer (GASP!)

 

Check out that oooey gooey goodness

When I read that post I thought how much I am killing our environment every time I blow dry my hair.  I don't think I'm willing to give it up yet, but I will do my part to make this world better.  Its green month here at Nike and they have quite the fantastic campaign going right now.  Check it out: Nike Better World

So inspiring!  On that note, I'm off!

No comments:

Post a Comment