Friday, April 1, 2011

Boring? No Way!

For my afternoon snack-turned lunch I had a big ol' helping of cottage cheese.  It may seem a bit boring to you, but I love me some cottage cheese and could eat buckets of it in one sitting.  I also enjoyed a strawberry acai jello.  This wasn't the most balanced meal, but it sure made me a happy camper.  

The reason it became my lunch??  I ended up having an off site meeting that kept me away all through lunch time. Not to fear, there was a going away party for a co-worker at 3:30 and I knew I could find some treats there to tide me over should hunger strike.  The party offered lots 'o good stuff - but I only mean good as far as taste, not in nutrition...  When celebration calls a girls gotta answer!  I had a lemon frosted cookie, a bag of garden salsa sun chips (could've been worse, right?), and the most delicious little brownie bite ever known to man.  All of these went undocumented because I ate them in record time :)
The real workout
Upon arriving home I got back on track!  The sun was still out and Brewer was ready for a run!  I had to pick up a couple things at the store for dinner, so I tucked my credit card in my running shorts and headed out for a very enjoyable 4 miler. 
Before I started cooking dinner, I wanted a lil something in my belly. I downed a glass of water and one of these.
Brewer wanted in on it too!

Dinner
I picked up what I needed from the store to whip up a spicy green curry meal.  I started cooking away and before too long I realized my cous cous was looking funny.  After closer look at the label I learned that I picked up slow cooking oats instead of a hearty topping for the curry.  Another oopsie poopsie :)  So when life gives you lemons (or you give yourself lemons) you quickly start a pot of rice [for the hunny] to eat with dinner and save the oats for a nice Saturday breakfast.
Rice vs. Slow cooked oats
Dinner was quite good, but lacked a bit of flavor.  I like my curry's to punch me in the face, and this was like a soft breeze.  I'll do some doctoring to it when I re-heat the left overs for my second go round.
Curry 'n Sprouts

Since we only had white rice on hand I ate my curry with a whole wheat tortilla and had a big helping of roasted brussel sprouts.

For dessert I discovered something I'd like to call heaven in a cup.  It was a fudge covered banana pudding cup.  I'm not a huge fan of banana flavored things, but this was, in one word.....WINNING.



So far, April is off to a pretty great start!  See ya in the morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment